The South Korean company Samsung Electronics has officially announced the introduction of a new strategy for numbering their smartphones series Galaxy, but also introduced four new models in this classification: GALAXY W, GALAXY M Pro, GALAXY Y and GALAXY Y Pro, which will be running the operating system Android 2.3 Gingerbread. As the company claims it has created a new and simplified system for naming their smartphones aimed at her ever-expanding portfolio of Android devices. The new structure is divided into five naming of groups that have been assigned the letters of the alphabet. In addition, this classification will have an additional pointer that will characterize the specific functional unit. Samsung’s brand new naming scheme of designating letters is to give customers an idea of what to expect without having to read the specs or check the price sticker.
Thus, According to a new classification of all smart phones will be known as Galaxy, as well as broken into the following naming system classes
- S stands for Super Smart / Flagship – It will only be used to represented flagship devices such as the Samsung Galaxy S and Galaxy S II.
- R stands for Royal / Refined / Premium – They are the Premium category models that combines power, performance and productivity of new technologies.
- W stands for Wonder / High Tier – They are the High quality, strategic models, perfect for those seeking a balance between style and performance.
- M stands for Magical / Mid-Tier – They are the High-performance models at an economic price-point.
- Y stands for Young / Entry Level- They are entry models for emerging markets or for the younger audience more sensitive to price.
Samsung Galaxy Smartphones class indication:
- Pro - the device which includes a QWERTY keyboard for better messaging and email
- Plus – the device which is an upgrade from an existing model.
- LTE - the device which is designed to utilize LTE (Long-Term Evolution) connectivity standards, a 4G standard to provide increased mobile network capacity and speed.
These phones would be showcased at IFA in Berlin on September 1.