Here is the Procedure for the firmware update for Samsung Galaxy 551 / Samsung I5510.
- Run Samsung Galaxy 551 / I5510 Down-loader. (click here to download)
- Make sure these options is checked: Auto Reboot – Protect OPS.
- Click OPS button and select: CALLISTO_v1.0.ops
- Click BOOT button and select: I5510xxxxx_BOOTLOADER_CL872686.tar.md5
- Click Phone button and select: I5510xxxxx_amss_phone_CL776067.tar.md5
- Click PDA button and select: I5510xxxxx_PDA_CL872686.tar.md5
- Click CSC button and Select: GT-I5510-CSC-MULTI-Oxxxxx.tar.md5
- Put the phone into Download Mode ( Press Q key + Power button ).
- Connect USB cable to phone and PC and make sure the program detect it.
- Click Start button to begin updating the phone.
- Do nothing till all is done and you can see PASS word on the program window.
- Do Full reset by this Code *2767*3855#.
Download Samsung Galaxy 551 / I5510 Original Firmware and USB Drivers here
While updating the Frimeware Notes
1. Backup in the mail so that you can then restore manually
2. SMS Messages – Use SMS Backup & Restore app,
3. Contacts Stored in Phone Memory – Sync with the Gmail application,
4. Call Log – Call Log and Restore
5. Videos, Images, Videos & Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
6. Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from the path Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names.