Samsung and Google today officially introduced new smartphone Galaxy Nexus. It is the world’s first running of the operating system Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich as well as equipped with a 1.2 GHz dual core processor and 4.65-inch touch HD Super AMOLED screen resolution of 1280×720 pixels .
The new version of the mobile operating system Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, whose capabilities and is designed to demonstrate new product from Samsung, is different from the words of the developers, a completely new look, a redesigned user interface with improved support for multitasking, Wi-Fi hotspot, NFC and Web browsing. Lock screen, home screen, the phone application and everything associated with them, it was fundamentally rethought and refined way to make Android devices simple, beautiful and useful.
Ice Cream Sandwich is also a new application People, which allows you to find friends, family and colleagues and see their pictures in high definition, check their latest status updates in Google + and other social networks. Among the functional characteristics observed in the Galaxy Nexus redesigned interface chamber, where the added panorama mode, movie mode 1080p, no delay in the shutter, and a host of new special effects, including silly person and change the background.
Among other innovations Android 4.0, which marked the creators of this operating system has a function of unlocking the face (Face Unlock), which recognizes the face of his master, and only after that will unlock the device. Using technology NFC, Android Beam allows you to quickly share Web pages, applications, and video clips on YouTube with friends simply by pressing a joint on their devices. In addition, the Google Talk application enables you to use a camera (video chat) and its effects.
The company notes that the Galaxy Nexus is designed in accordance with the pure Google and experience, that means to the end user – the timely receipt of the latest updates for your operating system and applications as they become available.
Galaxy Nexus includes more such applications and services from Google: Android Market, Gmail, Maps Google 5.0 with 3D maps and turn-based navigation, Google Earth, Movie Studio, YouTube, sync Google Calendar, as well as redesigned application Google +.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus will be available in the U.S., Europe and Asia, starting in November, gradually expanding its presence in other world markets.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus Features:
- Support for communications standards: 3G/HSPA + 21Mbps/HSUPA 5.76Mbps 850/900/1900/1700/2100 MHz, GSM / EDGE / GPRS 850/900/1800/1900 MHz; LTE
- Dimensions: 135.5 x 67.94 x 8.94 mm
- Weight: 135 gr.
- Platform: Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich
- Processor: 1.2 GHz dual-core
- Display: 4.65-inch, HD Super AMOLED, resolution of 1280×720 pixels
- Main camera: 5 megapixel with autofocus and LED backlit, support Full HD (1080p) video
- Front camera: 1.3 MP
- Memory: 1 GB of RAM, 16/32 GB internal
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi IEEE802.11 a / b / g / n (2,4 / 5 GHz), Bluetooth v 3.0, USB 2.0, NFC, 3.5 mm audio jack
- Sensors: accelerometer, compass, gyroscope, light sensor, proximity sensor, the barometer
- Battery: Li-Ion, 1750 mA / h